- Install windows octoshape plugin at http://www.octoshape.com/files/octosetup.exe
- Install VLC player at http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-windows.html. Use the installer so later octoshape can pick it as the preferred player. (Updated 12/26/2010: A dirty way to make sure windows associate all media files to vlc player is to explicitly set in vlc's Tool -> Preferences -> Interface -> Set up associations, select all file types. Then in Octoshape Settings (right click on the Octoshape system tray icon and select Settings), select use "System player")
- Create a bat file named stream.bat.
- In Windows XP, type in the bat file. "C:\Documents and Settings\
[user]\Application Data\Octoshape\Octoshape Streaming Services\OctoshapeClient.exe" -url:[octostream]
- In Windows Vista/7 "C:\Users\[user]
\AppData\Roaming\Octoshape\Octoshape Streaming Services\OctoshapeClient.exe" -url:[octostream]
- Replace [user]
with your current user name, [octostream] with the name of the octoshape stream.
- Double click on stream.bat. The VLC player should be started. Press the play button to play.